Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Human Care

Mia Lekika
Creative Writing
March 2017
Human Care
Human care is when someone you know or don’t know needs help and you help or you wait until they do get help. Human care is slowly draining away. We need to act on that soon. When I was younger one summer I was in Africa and three houses down from our house were three kids. An older sister about 16, a younger brother about 11, and a younger sister around 7. The oldest sister heard of a party and decided they should go. Their mother was at work and the oldest sister was in charge so they went. When they came back the house was up in flames. The oldest sister forgot to turn off the stove. They all ran in to get clothes and when they were in the house I walked out to the porch with horror to see a house two houses away burning to the ground. The three kids ran out with nothing but burned clothes that was on their own bodies. The firefighters didn’t come for another hour and by then they couldn’t do anything. The whole prairie behind all the houses was a wall of fire. The kid’s mom came about 10 minutes later and a whole crowd of people had grouped around the house. A child of my age, then 5 to be exact, would not understand much of this causing me not to care less like my younger brothers have but something in me told me to care for them. So I sat on that porch for 3 hours watching them and didn’t leave until the house next door took the family in to stay with them until they found a new home. I would have asked my uncle if th y could stay in our house but our neighbors beat me to it. When I sat and watched until that family was safe would be human care.
A True Story

By Mia L. Mayengue

No comments:

Post a Comment