Saturday, October 15, 2016

When I Was Young

When I Was Young
I remember when I was a girl I lived in New York for 3 years. The cars, traffic, art, and music. It all was so different than my old home on Africa. Almost everywhere I went, people looked at me from my different clothes. I remember running through jungles and villages but here, when I ran, people pushed and shoved. I got holes in my dresses and the smell was like sewer.
I then heard yelling that sounded like sharp knives. As I started to run to it, I heard it louder and louder. Then, I found a dog injured in front of the coffee shop. At the time, I was still learning English so it all looked like letters stuck together. The dog was yelling so loud. I came up to its long shaggy gray hair. Her silver hair blowed in the wind like the river by my old village called Muheree.
“That’s what I’ll call you, Muheree.” Muheree was slightly started by me. I walked up to her gray hair slightly shining from the rain. After a while Muheree learned to love me. Muheree was my partner anywhere I went for all the year later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment