Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Sequoia National Park - Descriptive Essay

Mia Lekika
Descriptive Essay
9/5/16
Write a descriptive essay about a place you know well.

I watched as night fell upon us and the sunset started at Sequoia National Park. I felt so small as I leaned against a tree. It was a shaded spot with cracks of sunlight coming from the trees pounding on me. I felt the small stream start to creep up to my ankles.

It finally was night. The existing heat perished. I listened to the crackling of the burning wood and I remember gazing at the bright fire. I watched the fireflies dance around me. I looked up to the stars to see the smoke leaping and dancing up to the sky and then disappearing.

When I wake up, the damp low clouds had mad droplets all around us and the smell of burnt wood and the song of the crickets were gone. As I open the tent, little clouds of smoke were still coming from the fire pit. I heard the new song of the birds that was a little melody that never stops until night.

I went down the hike to get to the small stream. The rush of the river was like no other yet you could still see the rocks under the water as if only the water that touched the surface was rushed but underneath it was still. As I leaned back I saw the canopy which seemed so far but as if I could reach a break in a canopy.

The sunset was falling upon us again and I was trying to catch fireflies for the night but they all ran away as if they were leaping into air and dancing to the music of crickets. I still heard the trickling of water and felt the moistness of the air. I started to let me eyes rest as I watched sap fall from the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment