Saturday, September 5, 2015

Electricity (FINAL)

     Papa was about to put me to bed when all the lights went off. My dad asked Mark, my older brother, if he had turned off the electricity but, then, we heard that the whole city had a power out . Mark started a fire in the fire place and my dad and I put out the plastic candles and lit them . We gathered all our canned food and started to give a quarter of it to other people . Then, we ran to Granny's Mack Store to get more can food. I asked granny if she still had some hot chocolate. She said yes with a smile and we all  had 1 quart. The chocolate was very calming.
     Oh I'm so sorry, I forgot to write the character's name, Mia. Now on withe the story. It would be about a half an hour walk home from granny's since we didn't have the car. On the way home it started to rain like a hard hale storm . We stepped into a pet store. I looked at all kinds of pets but then the side if my eye caught a glimpse of an Alaskan Huskie puppy . The pet store manager asked if I wanted to hold him. I said, "yes!" When he opened the cage the puppy jumped on to me . " I guess he likes me, " I said . The pet owner let me buy him with 50 dollars . We went back home when the rain stopped. By that time, it was 10 in the morning with cool and crisp air. 
     Later that day, about 2:00 in the afternoon, Mark and I were playing in the back yard but we got bored so I helped him with his crafts. Then, we had a nice dinner and played with our new puppy, Alaska. He can do crazy tricks . He's very active but is fun to play with. Soon he will be a great big dog . Playing with the dog helped us not worry about our troubles with the power outage.
     The next morning, 3 travelers on vacation asked, "What happend?" We told them there was a power outage at the city for quite a long time now. When they left, we had some canned beans . Alaska ate left over beans for now because all the dog stores were closed.
     Suddenly all the lights turned on. I helped get all the bad food out of the fridge and helped with all the other stuff, too. It turned out one of the power lines broke. I'm glad that our community can work together during an emergency. 


EDITING & REVISING




No comments:

Post a Comment